Deck Refinishing & Staining Services
Homeowners love to spend time out on their deck grilling, enjoying the sun, and relaxing with the family. Because of this, you bring a lot of foot traffic to your deck, causing wear & tear. Additionally, snow, ice, sunshine, hail, and other harsh environmental conditions can cause excessive weathering of your deck. Our deck refinishing and staining services help preserve and protect your deck from weathering and damage over time. It’s important to maintain the upkeep on your deck so you and your family can enjoy it for years without having to conduct serious repairs or rebuilds. Generally speaking, a deck stain should last two to five or more years, depending on the type of stain used, amount of direct sunlight, environmental conditions & usage.
How We Work
Our deck staining process is in-depth and effective. So, you know what to expect while we’re working on your deck, the following is our tried and true system.
- Apply our environmentally-safe cleaning solution, scrubbing as needed & rinsing with pressurized water.
- Sanding to remove any loose wood fibers or old failing stain remaining after the cleaning process.
- Replacement of rotted wood & patching of small holes.
- Allowing the surfaces to dry adequately & taking into consideration weather forecasts so the stain is being applied at the optimal time.
- Applying the correct amount of stain & the correct number of coats for the type of stain being used, to ensure beautiful, long-lasting results.
Different Stain Finishes
There are many types of deck stain products & colors to choose from for your deck. For starters, you can go with a transparent stain or a solid stain, depending on how much of the wood’s natural grain you want to show through the stain. There are also semi-transparent and semi-solid options in-between to fine-tune your selection. Anything is possible when you work with Pro Painters Plus. Whether you know exactly what you want or need some help deciding the best option for your home’s aesthetic and your deck’s protection, give us a call. We’re happy to help you make the most of your home and preserve your deck for years to come!